Last Modified Date: March 27, 2020
What Information Does Miner Collect?
Information Collected on the Website
- When you use the “Request Service Now” function on our Website, we will collect your first name, last name, company, street address, city, state, zip code, phone number, the type or name of the equipment or asset in need of service, the location of that equipment or asset, a description of the problem with the equipment or asset, any photos of the equipment or asset, a purchase order number, a not to exceed amount (in dollars), the priority based upon the options available in the drop-down box, your email address, and we request that you choose an option from a drop-down box about how you found us. As part of this form, we will also request you to opt-in to allowing us to deploy a cookie to save the information in this form so that you do not have to provide all of the same information during your next visit to the Website.
- If you choose to use the search function on our Website, we will collect your search string as part of that function.
- In the event you use the “Request a Quote” function, we will collect your first name, last name, company name, email address, phone number, zip code and a description of the project that you want a quote for. All of these fields are required. We will also collect optional information from this form, to the extent you provide it, including your address, city and state.
- In connection with applying for a job opening, you will be redirected to a Careers Portal, which is operated by our third party service provider, who will collect your first name, middle name, last name, email address, and cell phone number, home phone number, preferred name, whether you have ever applied with us before, your address, city, state, zip code, an available start date for employment, desired salary type, LinkedIn profile, salary range, the name of anyone who may have referred you to us, information about how you learned about us, and whether you have ever worked for us in the past.
- Our Credit Application function will re-direct you to our third party service provider, who will collect company and financial information from you as part of considering you for credit.
- If you click the Contact Us hyperlink and fill out the form for “Other Questions,” we will collect your first name, last name, company name, email address, telephone number, and the contents of any message you choose to send us.
Collected from Telephone Calls and Mailed Correspondence
If you choose to contact us by telephone by dialing (844) 646-3787, which is a toll-free phone call, we will collect your first name, last name, company name, telephone number, and any other information in relation to your inquiry, to the extent you choose to provide us with such information. When you contact us by written correspondence, via U.S. mail, we will collect your name, mailing address, and any other pertinent details related to your inquiry, to the extent you provide those details in the correspondence.
Information Collected from the App
The information we collect from you while using our Miner Site Survey Mobile Application (the “App”) includes the make, model and serial number of a piece of equipment or company asset, pictures of that equipment or company asset, your geographic location, and the features and condition of each piece of equipment or asset that you input details about. We will also collect your login credentials.
How Does Miner Use the Information it Collects?
Information from the Website
- The information we collect from the “Request Service Now” form on our Website is used to administer, coordinate, and schedule a service technician to render the requested services, for account administration and customer service, and for our advertising, marketing, and promotional efforts, including sending you email communications about products, services and other items that we think you might be interested in, which you may opt-out of at any time by following the instructions to unsubscribe that are included at the bottom of each such email message.
- We use the information we collect from the search function to complete the search and provide you with results, which is facilitated by a third party service provider.
- The information you provide to us using the “Request a Quote” form is used by us to respond to you with a quote for the service you have described or to contact you for more information, to the extent necessary, to provide you with a more accurate quote. We also use this information for our advertising, marketing and promotional efforts, including sending you email communications about products, services and other items that we think you might be interested in, which you may opt-out of at any time by following the instructions to unsubscribe that are included at the bottom of each such email message.
- Should you choose to apply for a job opening, we will use the information we receive from our third party service provider in connection with our application and hiring process.
- Where you choose to complete a credit application with our third party service provider, we will use the company and financial information that you provide to determine whether to extend you or your company with credit.
- Under circumstances where you complete any other form that might enable you to contact us with a comment or question, we will use that information to respond to your inquiry and for our advertising, marketing and promotional efforts, including sending you email communications about products, services and other items that we think you might be interested in, which you may opt-out of at any time by following the instructions to unsubscribe that are included at the bottom of each such email message.
Information Collected from Telephone Calls and Mailed Correspondence
When you contact us by telephone or by written correspondence, via U.S. mail, we use the information you provide to us over the telephone or in your letter, to respond to your inquiry. We will also use this information for our advertising, marketing and promotional efforts, including sending you email communications about products, services and other items that we think you might be interested in, which you may opt-out of at any time by following the instructions to unsubscribe that are included at the bottom of each such email message.
Information Collected from the App
We use the information we collect from the application to update our records about the particular condition of a given piece of equipment or asset and to provide quotes and recommendations to our customers based on the data for docks, doors, fans, and any other relevant products and services.
Our website utilizes internet cookies, which are small files that our Website transfers to your computing device through your web browser (if you have chosen to allow or permit cookies in your browser settings). Internet Cookies allow us to capture certain information from your computer, including your computing device type, the operating system that you use, the name of your internet browser, your internet browsing history, the date and time you arrived on the Website, the amount of time you spent browsing each page on the Website, your internet protocol address, a unique online identifier, your geographic location, preferred language, and other statistical information.
We use internet cookies to:
- Manage web traffic on the Website;
- Understand and save User preferences for future visits to the Website;
- Keep track of advertisements;
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and interaction in order to optimize your site experience and offer better site experiences and functionality in the future; and
- To detect and trouble shoot issues with our Website.
Your Choices Regarding Internet Cookies
Depending upon your computing device and internet browser type, you may have the ability to change your settings to warn you each time a cookie is being deployed to your computing device. You may also choose to block or reject cookies. Since each internet browser is different, we encourage you to consult the internet browser’s help file for more information about your options for cookies. Please be advised that if you disable, block, or reject cookies, that not all functionality on the Website will work properly for you.
Does Miner Share the Information it Collects with Third Parties?
Third Party Service Providers
In connection with offering you the content and functionality available on the Website, we utilize third party service providers. These third party service providers include website and data hosting, email, software, marketing, advertising, and logistics service providers. These third party service providers are prohibited from using information such as your name, email address, or telephone number for any other purpose other than to render their services to us.
We also utilize Analytics providers, which deploy their own cookies on the Website, which enable them to collect information directly from you when you browse the Website.
Marketing and Advertising
We utilize the information contained in our customer relationship management system, which is maintained by our third party service provider, for purposes of facilitating our marketing efforts, including direct email marketing campaigns.
Compliance with Law; Preservation of Rights
We also reserve the right to disclose any information you have made available to us if its release is required for disclosure, as determined in our sole discretion, to comply with our obligations under the law or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Miner, our customers, and other persons.
Sale of the Company
In the event that Miner, or substantially all of our assets are sold, or we reorganize or merge into another company, your information will be among one of the transferred assets included in the transaction.
California Consumer Privacy
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) went into effect on January 1, 2020 and affords California consumers certain privacy rights as detailed in this Section.
Notice of Collection Practices
The following table details the categories of personal information that have been collected about consumers during the preceding 12 months, the reason for collection, and category of sources of the information collected:
|Category of Personal Information||Types of Information Collected||Reason for Collection||Category of Sources for the Information Collected|
|Identifiers||Real name, email address, mailing address (where applicable), telephone number, unique personal identifiers, and internet protocol address.||We use real name, email address, mailing address (where applicable), and telephone number, in connection with providing you with customer support, administering your account, and our advertising, marketing and promotional efforts. We also collect this information in relation to our Careers Portal, if you choose to apply for a job opening with us. We collect your internet protocol address and unique personal identifier information for a business purpose, including for our advertising, marketing, and promotional efforts, to identify and detect issues with our Website, and to combat fraud and other illegal activities on our Website||We collect real name, email address, postal address (where applicable) and telephone number directly from you through the forms on our Website, or when you make a telephone call to us or send us a letter. We collect your unique personal identifier and internet protocol address through the use of internet cookies, including third party cookies. We collect your real name, email address, postal address, and telephone number directly from you through our third party service provider on the Careers Portal.|
|Categories of personal information as described in Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)||Mailing address and telephone number||We use this information for a business purpose in under the Careers Portal, when you choose to apply for a job opening. This information is also used when you send us a letter or call us, which we use to provide you with customer support, answer questions, and for our advertising, marketing and promotional efforts.||If you provide us this information through the Careers Portal, the information is collected from you by our third party service provider, who then provides the information to us. If you write us a letter or make a telephone call to us, we collect this information directly from you.|
|Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law||Not Applicable||Not Applicable||Not Applicable|
|Commercial Information||Not Applicable||Not Applicable||Not Applicable|
|Biometric Information||Not Applicable||Not Applicable||Not Applicable|
|Geolocation Data||Internet protocol address and regional location||We collect internet protocol address information for a business purpose in relation to auditing and counting unique visitors to our Website. We collect geolocation data in our App for a business purpose in administering proper account information for our customers, including ensuring information about a customer asset or equipment is assigned to the correct customer and customer location.||We collect internet protocol address through internet cookies, including third party cookies on our Website. We collect geolocation data in the App directly from you.|
|Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory or similar information||Pictures of company equipment or assets||We collect photographs of company equipment or assets for a business purpose in maintaining accurate records on a customer’s piece of equipment or asset.||We collect the photographs through our App and directly from you.|
|Professional or employment related Information||Company name, company phone number, title, professional and employment related information||We use your company’s name, company phone number, and title for a business purpose in connection with providing customer service, answering questions, and for our advertising, marketing and promotional efforts. We use professional and employment related information when you apply for an open position as part of our hiring process||We collect company name, company phone number, and title directly from you on our web forms or when you place a telephone call to us or send us a letter. We collect professional and employment related information through our Career Portal from our third party service provider, who then provides us with the data.|
|Education Information, defined as information not publicly available personally identifiable information as defined in the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act||Not Applicable||Not Applicable||Not Applicable|
|Inferences drawn from any of the information identified in this column, which is used to create a profile reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes||Not Applicable||Not Applicable||Not Applicable|
Categories of Personal Information Disclosed for a Business Purpose
Over the last 12 month period, we have disclosed identifier information for a business purpose to our third party marketing and advertising service providers.
Data Rights under the CCPA
The CCPA affords a California consumer the right to request that a business that collects personal information about the consumer disclose certain information including: (1) the categories of personal information that the business has collected, (2) the categories of sources it has collected personal information from, (3) the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling the personal information (where applicable), (4) the categories of third parties that the business shares the personal information with, and (5) the specific pieces of personal information it has collected about the consumer.
Notice of the Right to Opt-Out of the Sale of Personal Information
A California consumer has the right to opt-out of the sale of the consumer’s personal information that the business maintains on the consumer. To complete an opt-out request online, please click here to complete a web form where you can submit such a request. Please be sure to note in your communication that you wish to opt-out of the sale of your personal information. Alternatively, you may submit a request to opt-out by calling us toll-free at (844) 646-3787. Once your request is submitted to us, a confirmation email will be generated to confirm your request. Please follow the instructions in the email to complete your request.
Right to Deletion
The CCPA grants California consumers the right to request the deletion of the consumer’s personal information that has been collected and maintained by the business. You may submit a deletion request by clicking here to complete the appropriate web form and submit your request. Please be sure to note that you want us to delete your personal information in your communication. If you prefer, you may alternatively contact us to deletion your personal information by calling us at (844) 646-3787. Once your request is submitted to us, a confirmation email will be generated to confirm your request. Please follow the instructions in the email to complete your request.
Please note that the CCPA prohibits us from discriminating against any California consumer who chooses to exercise that consumer’s privacy rights as detailed in this Policy.
For more information about the CCPA and your data rights, please contact us, using the details provided under the heading in this Policy that is titled “Contact Us.”
Do Not Track Signals or Requests
Our Website does not respond to or otherwise acknowledge Do Not Track signals or requests from internet web browsers.
Third Party Hyperlinks
This Website contains hyperlinks to websites that are owned, controlled, and operated by third parties. Please be advised that we have no control over the content, information, business and privacy practices of any website, which are owned or operated by a third party. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and any other related terms of service or use for any website that you may visit that is owned or operated by a third party. Please be advised that we will not be responsible or liable for the content or practices of any third party website.
Our Policy on Children’s Privacy
Options Regarding Your Information
If you would like to review, correct, update or delete any of your personal information that you have provided to us, such as your name, email address, phone number, company name, mailing address, or any other information that you have provided to us, please contact us using the information provided below. Please clearly describe your request so that we can locate your information or contact you for additional information as necessary to complete your request.
Mail: Miner Customer Care, 17319 San Pedro, Suite 500, San Antonio, TX 78232.
Phone: (844) 646-3787